Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitor span desktop
CatttDaddy   2006-10-22 19:43
I dont know if this has been answered already but I wonder if there is a way to just spam 2 desktops across each other. I mean I want a program to run at like 1600x600 to span my to 800x600 monitors at fullscreen. the maximize to desktop seems to leave the window outline on the screen so i dont want that. I would like a true fullscreen across 2 monitors... I hope everyone understands what I mean. It seems now when I fullscreen something it automatically full screens on the primary. I would like it to fullscreen across 2 screens. Thanks for any help in advance. :)
Kyle M   2006-10-23 06:52
Horizontal Span would let you have 2 monitors acting as one. (same resolution, refresh rate) The video card you run it on has to support it though. When you full screen in horiztonal span it maximizes on both.
CatttDaddy   2006-10-23 15:50
Ok... but how do you do it in UltraMon?
You say the video card has to support it. I have 3 video cards 4 monitors. 2 Geforce 7300 PCI and on ATI 9700 PCI express cards. all of them support it but I wonder how to do it with Ultramon? Or can I even do it across 2 seperate video cards? hmmm maybe that is the question...
thanks for the answer though.
Christian Studer   2006-10-24 04:47
UltraMon can't remove the window borders when maximizing to the desktop, this is due to the window not being really maximized when it is stretched across the desktop.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Scythe   2006-11-09 11:32
You might try the TripleHead2Go from Matrox. It takes the one VGA signal from the back of your PC and lets you run up to three monitors that all act as one monitor.

In your case, you would hook up the TripleHead2Go to the graphics card VGA plug and hook up the two monitors. It would then recognize (or you'd have to adjust the settings) so that you would have one screen running at 1600x600. Two monitors, but it acts like one double-wide monitor.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple monitor span desktop