Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for a sturdy, 6-monitor stand. Recos please..
docdekay   2006-10-25 05:31
I would like to mount six LCD monitors. I am not hell-bent on using one stand to accomodate all of them but would like to if its practical.

In addition, are there any stands which can be used for both landscape AND portrait configurations which suit my needs?

I have heard some nightmare stories about poorly made, unstable stands and would like to avoid these.

Regards.
Kyle M   2006-10-28 20:37
www.9xmedia.com
docdekay   2006-10-30 04:45
It seems as if they run approx $1700. While not completely out of my price range, I was looking for a more affordable alternative.

I am fully aware you often get what you pay for but is there anything else that you (or someone else) can recommend?

Regards
Kyle M   2006-11-01 22:26
You could go for the more industrial look and use some galvanized pipe to mount them on. It's definately and you ont see much of it depending on how you make it. You would just have to figure out what clamp or base to use on the bottom and how to get from the monitor mount to the pipe mount on the "monitor tree".
Michael   2006-11-02 09:45
I use Ergotron for dual vp2130b.
I think they offer a 4-panel stand,
or other combinations to mount 6.
Keith   2006-11-07 23:32
I have a 6 monitor setup, but I just used the stands that came with my monitors.

I bought some flat steel plate and drilled holes in it so it would attach the two monitors together vertically, and more holes to attach to the stand. I found compatible bolts and used stacks of washers as spacers to make the monitors line up. Total cost, about $30 (plus an hour or so in the machine shop :-)
ECarlson   2006-11-11 02:56
Keith, Please post some photos of your stands.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
AndyK1812   2006-11-11 18:17
I am using 3 Ergotron Stands and they are very well made. The only problem you may have is extension height. They 2, 3, & 4 monitor desk stands and single monitor arms which attach to desk so have many placement options.

Here is there link.
http://www.ergotron.com/ProfessionalProducts/tabid/65/Default.aspx
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for a sturdy, 6-monitor stand. Recos please..