Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can i use/view 2 sep monitors using VGA splitter cable & UltraMon?
goku   2006-10-27 04:26
Hi, ive got 2 monitors (TFT) and i wanna use sep programs on each, is this possible if i use a VGA slitter cable and UltraMon software?
if not, is there another way apart from buying new graphics card?

thanks
ECarlson   2006-10-27 15:33
If your video card has a single VGA output, then you can only display one image (If you used a splitter, you could probably display that same image on more than one monitor, but you wouldn't get 2 different images out of a splitter). If you have 2 outputs, which can be combinations of VGA and/or DVI, then you can usually use both outputs with a different image on each.

There are some (not so common) video cards that have a special single connector that is designed to give 2 outputs, and that come with a required special splitter cable to allow you to connect 2 monitors (I have one at work), but that's probably not what you have, because you would already have the special splitter cable, because you wouldn't be able to connect any monitor without it.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ECarlson   2006-10-27 15:36
Also, UltraMon doesn't add the ability to use multiple monitors: That's already built into Windows (and other operating systems) and the video card drivers. UltraMon does provide enhancements to the multi-monitor experience though.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Can i use/view 2 sep monitors using VGA splitter cable & UltraMon?