Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How do you setup 2 video cards so they make gaming faster and better
Nick   2001-08-20 11:44
Hi I was wondering if I had 2 video cards how would i set them up to make my games run smoother and faster. I was reading in a forum for a game I have that some guy was getting around 100 frames per second because he used 2 video cards. I am not expecting to get 100 frames per second but I was hoping that if I add a second video card I will get a good improvement in Frames per second. Do I need some kind of software running to take advantage of both video cards at the same time? Or will my system and game automatically recognize and take advantage of my 2nd video card? Or is there something else I have to do??
I am NOT going to be using 2 monitors. I don't have another and don't have the money to buy another. I don't need 2 monitors to do this, do I? I have an ATI Magnum/XPERT128/X99/XPERT2000. It is 32 MB. I have a ECS AMR PLUS Motherboard, and a 600 Mhz P3 . I was going to check the database for other cards that work with my card. But first I want to make sure what I am wanting to do is possible.

Nick
EZToms   2001-08-21 00:22
Multiple videocards won't give you any boost, games can only use 1 card at a time.

The only exception i know is the voodoo2 3d accelerator which was an addon-card that could work in pair.

EZToms
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How do you setup 2 video cards so they make gaming faster and better