Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual Monitor
Gauss   2006-11-01 05:58
I'm already trying VMon scripts v3. When I double click on the VMonMax shortcut script I do get 3 virtual monitors, as i can see when later I double click on VMonMove script.

But, the window that gets the benefits is the one where I double click the shortcut. I think I'm missing something here I don't know. How do I make these scripts work with other apps?

Actually what I want do, is to run a stubborn game centered on my screen.

I just got a new big widescreen monitor, I'm using a laptop with just one monitor so I'm not using Multi monitors features.

My problem is that if I run the game at fullscreen, I get a distorted wide game, so I don't like it. My monitor is the most simplest thing so it don't have options to make black stripes at sides when non wide resolutions are used. If i use the windowed mode that the game has, the game window is very small, since the game doesn't support many resolutions (it's old).

I tried a special shortcut made with UltraMon for the game, it doesn't work. I specified a bigger resolution with UltraMon but doesn't work. So what I was expecting with the scripts I mentioned before was to create a centered virtual desktop, move the windowed game to the center desktop and finally specify inside the game to play it at fullscreen to get the game centered and big. I'm starting to think that these scripts also won't work for that, since the virtual desktops are not considered by windows as virtual monitors.

Any help plases, I need a virtual monitor for that purpose.
Christian Studer   2006-11-01 09:34
You'll need to set up a 'Run application or script' hotkey for the scripts, then use the hotkey when the application is the active window.

The scripts also won't work with the game though, games usually can't be moved or resized by UltraMon.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to do what you want.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual Monitor