Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is this eBay listing for video card correct or not?
David DeRolph   2006-11-26 13:44
The seller of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300053197251&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1 claims that this card supports two monitors as separate displays, not clones. Yet, it only has one DVI port. As far as I know, two monitors running off of a single port would require a splitter and would only work in clone mode. Am I right? Is the eBay seller wrong?
Christian Studer   2006-11-27 08:52
Pro cards like the Nvidia Quadro NVS frequently use special connectors to which you connect a cable with dual DVI or VGA connectors.

My guess would be that the seller posted a picture of a different video card, I've never heard of a GeForce MX card which doesn't use regular VGA or DVI connectors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
dave   2006-11-27 08:54
the seller is correct. I'm using a radeon 9000 dualhead 128mb, in XP. it's an AGP card. I use mine in in 'extended desktop' mode, and I'm -sure- tons of other guys are doing the same. both my monitors are analog, but the 9000 card has one DVI out port and a 'normal' HD15 out. my DVI 'out' port has an adapter on it, of course. I'm not -promising- you I speak for the capabilities of "all" dualheaded cards like mine, just "my" particular model (though I believe all similarly configured cards have the same capability, or "very nearly all", in any event)

dave
David DeRolph   2006-11-28 03:00
OK, thanks for your replies.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is this eBay listing for video card correct or not?