Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Jaton Video-77-3D&TV (Trident 9750) / Must Reinstall at boot
Randy   2001-08-24 00:40
I have a Mirage S3 AGP card as my primary card in my pc.

I installed a Jaton Video-77-3D&TV (Trident 9750) with TV out jumpered as enabled as a second card.

I then went into monitor setup and set it to be an extension of my desktop, and it works great, but...

Whenever I reboot, Win98 disables the card and says that it is not capable of multimonitor support!?

If I remove the card from device manager and reinstall the driver each time at boot and then extend the desktop onto it, it works fine, though.

Reading other posts, I went into BIOS to set the card to primary with the intention of having windows then reverse the selection, but when I boot, windows disables the tv-out of the card, and I therefore have no screen to see it on.

My regular monitor is a fixed frequency; so, I can't just plug it into the card.

Any ideas?
Randy   2001-08-31 01:30
...update...

I have now found that I do not have to remove the jaton card from device manager, but just have to reinstall the driver after each boot and re-stretch the desktop onto it...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Jaton Video-77-3D&TV (Trident 9750) / Must Reinstall at boot