Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitors Reverting To Single Monitor
Shifty   2006-12-03 12:19
I imagine this has been answered at some point...

I used 2 LCD monitors (1 1600x1200, 1 1280x1024) hooked up to one Radeon 9600XT, Windows XP Pro SP2. I've used Ultramon for a while now, and it worked perfectly to begin with. Whenever I logged in it would set the monitors the way I had them before I logged out. Once I reformatted and reinstalled everything (newer version of Ultramon [I believe] and the same video card drivers as before [they were up to date with the ATI site ones]) it changed. Everytime I log out/shut down and come back, it reverts to a single monitor setup. When I log in the second screen IS visible for a split second, and then it just goes back.

Is this problem common to Ultramon/ATI drivers, or some combination of the two? It's not a big deal as I set it back every time it just doesn't make much sense.
Christian Studer   2006-12-04 10:25
When this happens, can you just re-enable the secondary monitor via UltraMon menu > Display Settings?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Shifty   2006-12-04 11:53
Yes. I usually right-click the Ultramon systray icon and click "Enable Secondary".
Christian Studer   2006-12-05 10:26
As a workaround you could set up a display profile (UltraMon menu > Display Profiles) which gets applied automatically after login.

I'm not sure what causes this, but it's probably not related to UltraMon, by default UltraMon doesn't do any monitor configuration at system startup, this is handled by Windows.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Shifty   2006-12-05 11:09
The setting is changed only once I'm logged in, it's in dual-monitor mode at system startup (BIOS info is mirrored, Windows login screen leaves secondary monitor on, login screen screensaver spans both monitors, etc). The workaround doesn't help on switching users but it does help on reboots and re-logins, and that's bettter than what I've got. So thanks for your help. :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitors Reverting To Single Monitor