Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with 2 monitors
wackogamer   2006-12-27 20:43
Greeting, I have a small problem. I have my old AOC07 monitor (CRT), and brand new Acer 19" LCD wide screen. my video card is GeForce 6800 128MB. Here is my problem. I am trying to make my computer to recognize Plug and Play for a new monitor, and it happens nothing after I plugged in DVI cable. I open up Nvidia settings, and I am able to change a setting there for my 2 monitors. I selected Horizontal Span, and I clicked ok. another monitor came on. I understand horizontal and vertical spans.

I checked up Device Manager to check if there are 2 monitors there. it is. even there is no hardware found on the screen yet after plugging in a new monitor with DVI cable. I am so confused. All i need to add a new hardware for this new monitor to my computer.

also, if i restart my computer with 2 monitors on, they won't come on. i have to unplug DVI cable, and turn it again. one monitor came on with VGA. I want only my new LCD wide screen monitor for DVI cable.

so do you have any idea? I hope you guys understand this situation. thanks for listening to me for a few minutes :)

wackogamer
wackogamer   2006-12-29 10:40
i think i found a problem. it could be my display card. a guy told me that my 128MB graphic card could be a problem. i tested this one. i plugged in DVI cable with my only new LCD monitor, and it didn't work. really, the monitor came on, and it said "No Signal." I plugged VGA cable with my new LCD monitor and video card. it works. something is up to my video card's DVI port. I am not sure.

wackogamer
ECarlson   2006-12-29 12:23
Did you connect the DVI monitor (and no other monitor) while the computer was off, then boot the computer to see if it works.

Have you tested your DVI cable and monitor on another PC to make sure they are both okay?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with 2 monitors