Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Reboot turns perfectly setup Ultramon into 4 bit graphics....?
Cody   2007-01-03 11:01
I installed Ultramon and had it working perfectly on 2 17" CRT monitors the other day.

When I rebooted the computer, EVERYTHING was lost as far as the graphics. I went from my 12xx x 1024 resolution to the lowest possible, I think of 4 bit graphics.

I reinstalled the video card (ASUS EN 7300LE 128 meg) and everything looked good again.

Restart system - same problem. Basically the graphics all disappear and the computer looks like an Atari.

What gives?
ECarlson   2007-01-04 00:34
Do the dual monitors work okay without UltraMon installed?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Gary   2007-01-04 04:58
I have the same problem. Have tried everything from reinstalling Nvida drivers to unloading them. Dual monitors worked without ultramon installed.
ECarlson   2007-01-04 05:39
If the dual monitors work fine when UltraMon is not installed, then report it in the UltraMon forum as an UltraMon bug, and make sure to indicate that dual monitors work fine without UltraMon installed.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Christian Studer   2007-01-04 08:30
This seems to be a compatibility issue with UltraMon's mirroring feature and some video card driver versions, removing the mirroring feature will fix the problem.

To do this, go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, select UltraMon from the list, click on Change, then deselect the mirroring feature on the Customize Installation screen of the setup.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Reboot turns perfectly setup Ultramon into 4 bit graphics....?