Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia driver in XP & W2K sucks
Hasse Holmgren   2001-08-28 11:01
The dual monitor support works fine in 98/Me due to the dual resolutions you get, 1280X1024 on screen one and 1280X1024 on the other screen but in w2k and in XP i launches one enormous resolution wich spans all over the screens, causing anoying error messages ending up right between the screens so you have to move them to be able to read in a proper way...Very annoying. Nvidia tried to solve this problem with their 'desktop manager', but the setting you punch in never stays. Once you restarted the pc, the settings are gone and here we go again...I have sent them mail regarding this problem but they never answere back...Please, is there anything to do about this problem?? I dont wanna be left in the stoneage with 98/Me because of Nvidias bad solutions...

rgs
Hasse Holmgren
EZToms   2001-08-28 17:54
Welcome to the club, it's not a discovery, it's like that since the release of the first twinview card a year ago

EZToms
Winger300   2001-09-03 05:07
You can add me to that club also!

I just got the card today! :( Hopefully be sorted soon
OnionMan   2001-09-07 11:29
Well... got my card three days ago... and i've struggeled ever since to get TwinWiev to work in Windows 2000... I'm trying to get a picture out to my TV (in clone mode) using a composite (RCA) cable... but i don't get any signal at all...

My card is an Asus V7100 Pro ...it has the nVidia GeForce2 MX-400 chip, 32Mb memory & TV-Out using Conexant CX25871 chipset.

I'm using the latest drivers from asus (12.90 beta)... I've tried others too including nVidia reference drivers... but no luck.

The app TVTool (www.tvtool.de) has support for the CX25871 tv-encoder... but not even that helped me.

Is my only option to revert back to 98/ME in order to get the TV-Out to work??

Thankful for any reply.

/ OnionMan
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia driver in XP & W2K sucks