Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span to 3 monitors on 2 graphic cards (both Nvidia 7900) possible?
Sam   2007-01-06 21:11
I just installed a second graphic card (7900GS) to plug a third 20" TFT monitor. Before I had to monitors spanned to 3200x1200 in VC view with very good performance. I'd like to use the 3 monitor now to span to 4800x1200. I thought of getting a 3head2go, however it wouldn't support more than 1024 and it is not recommended to reduce my native resolution from 1200 to 1024.

I heard that it should be possible somehow span three monitors on 2 graphic cards. Any advise or am I wrong in this one?

Thank you very much!!
logikal   2007-01-13 14:33
i am having the same problem can anyone help with this?
Mas(+)teR   2007-01-13 18:16
Currently, nVidia do not support spanned displays over dual graphics cards ( to my knowledge). However, any games which operate under OpenGl ( Doom 3 engine, FarCry) or have stated support for multiple displays, like flight sim, can be stretched over all three displays even when they are not identified as a spanned desktop. Also, through using media playback applications such as VLC which support OpenGl video rendering, you can stretch video over more than one monitor without spanning. Personally, i don't have my monitors spanned as i like have independent desktops. You'll have no trouble setting up 3-4 monitors on dual nVidia graphics cards. They quite like playing together.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span to 3 monitors on 2 graphic cards (both Nvidia 7900) possible?