Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with laptop as second monitor
Nicky   2007-01-21 00:48
Ive bought a second monitor for my laptop, and would like to use it as the main one.

It works fine when the laptop is set as the primary monitor, but when I change this, the laptop screen shrinks to use a small amount of the total screen. Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.
Jeremy   2007-01-24 03:56
Hmm, are you using the function + f5 or f6 or whatever f button it happens to be on your laptop to switch the display? I've found that usually the best way to use a single external as a primary monitor is: 1) to disable the secondary monitor in ultramon, 2) use the function f- button to get your monitor to display on only the external monitor, and then 3) enable the secondary monitor (your laptop) in ultramon. Are your resolutions set correctly? I remember I had problems getting my official ATI drivers to accept the correct refresh rate for my external, and the Omega drivers fixed that. Just something to consider if you still can't get it to work.
Nicky   2007-01-27 20:42
Hello. Its all set up correctly, and ive experimented using both the keyboard functions, and the display settings. Would it be worth giving omega a try?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem with laptop as second monitor