Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New Multi Monitor Set-up
David DeCristoforo   2001-08-31 10:21
Just finished installing the following Multi Monitor setup:
OS=W2K PRO SP2
Primary = ATI Radeon 64DDR AGP / 21" VeiwSonic 810-2
Secondary = ATI Radeon 32SDR PCI / 17" ViewSonic A70

This setup replaces my Matrox G400 Dual Head which I have always been happy with but that was giving me IRQ sharing fits (these cards are not happy with shared IRQ's). I must say that this new setup blows the Matrox away. Fantastic, clear, sharp, perfect color match across both screens and absolutly no trouble to set up. Cost was a bit more than the Matrox but the whole package was still much less than the high end Appian dual head cards and I belive the performance is better. I can't tell you anything about games because I don't have any but I do a lot of digital imaging and this looks like it's going to be a great setup.

I am going to download Ultra-Mon this weekend to replace the Matrox PowerDesk software.

David DeCristoforo
riz   2001-09-01 20:51
Hi David,
I had the exact same setup but when I resized any window on monitor 2, it would lock up everytime :(

Win2k sp2
radeon 64mb DDR
radeon 32mb SDR
Athlon 1400ghz
MSI K7T266 mb
4.32 4N1
I tried both the supported and newest ATI beta drivers

So, have you resized any windows yet on monitor 2? It may not happen on the first resize so I suggest you grab a corner of a window and just start moving the mouse around to see... Let me know if I've missed something because the 16mb xpert128 does not hold a candle to the radeon 32mb sdr but I could not get it to work on my system

Thanx,
riz
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New Multi Monitor Set-up