Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Keeping a program in the second monitor
Mikkell   2007-02-05 20:55
Hi, I have two monitors, my laptop (17") and the other is a 22" inch . I would like to have Desktop sidebar (www.desktopsidebar.com) stay on my 22" as it displays everything extremely well in a nice lengthened state and I can focus my attention to some quick updates on details that it provides if i am running a 3d program such as modelling software, video editing and video games.

I can bring it across well, there is just one problem, when i go to screensaver i like to have the second monitor disabled as the colour of blacks in both are different, the 22" being brighter and it really disturbs me when i am sleeping. Also, I normally carry my laptop to work and school so the screen would become disabled anyway. Nevertheless, the sidebar goes to the primary monitor as normal when this happens, however, when i enable the second monitor again, the sidebar does not automatically go back across to the second monitor, it stays on the first and then i have to manually go to the options and set it back to the second monitor.

Now, normally I would be ok with this if I did not know any better but the fact is other programs do this for me automatically as soon as the second monitor comes on, Windows Live Messenger and Firefox to name some.

I use UltraMon to organize my monitors, is there some way I can make sidebar know to go to the second monitor once it is activated?

and if there is a ultramon script to work with this, how do i edit this script to do it?

Thanks in advance.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Keeping a program in the second monitor