Forums -> Multiple monitors -> UltraMon 2.0 Beta 5
David DeCristoforo   2001-08-31 10:27
>This feature will be in UltraMon 2.0 Beta 5.You'll be able to have a >taskbar on each monitor, with each taskbar showing only tasks from a >single monitor.

Is this available yet? OK with W2K? Can the taskbar on the second dispaly auto hide?
Thanx
DD
Christian Studer   2001-08-31 10:52
Beta 5 will be released next Saturday, September 8. Win2000 is supported.

All of the taskbars can autohide. The UltraMon taskbars behave almost exactly like the Windows taskbar. There are also some added features, you can choose between flat and 3D buttons, and you get an icon for every task, even stand-alone dialog boxes (just like on XP).

BTW, thanks for the update on the Radeon system.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
EZToms   2001-09-02 18:15
Will you be able to have all same applications grouped on the taskbar à la XP, like all IE under one button etc... that would be neat ;)

EZToms
Christian Studer   2001-09-02 22:17
Not in this release, but the feature could be added in Beta 6. I'm not sure if it is even needed, because you have lots more space for the tasks with the added taskbar(s).

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
@hlon   2001-09-03 03:35
also, if you do add that, youd need to do it per monitor, because say if you grouped all the IE buttons into one and the actual IE instances were on different monitors, its no better than the original taskbar setup realy as youd have the button on a different monitor than some of the windows.

One thing though, with this new task bar setup running on XP, will the actual windows taskbar still be able to group buttons for stuff on its own monitor whereas the new taskbars wont OR are they all going to be unable to do so from now often ? Hope you get what im meaning...
Christian Studer   2001-09-03 04:06
Sure, grouping would also be per monitor.

The XP taskbar should still be able to group tasks, I'll verify this when I start testing on XP.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
@hlon   2001-09-03 09:54
Good good, looking forward to it, but as you have said, with the new taskbar real estate its unlikely we'll really really need grouping on the secondry monitor(s)...weve managed without before XP, im sure the lack of it on non-,ain askbars wont be too much of a burden to take for now :P
@hlon   2001-09-07 00:36
Are we still on for tomorrow (Sat 8th) ? Im gettin all excited now, i want my taskbars damnit :P
Christian Studer   2001-09-07 00:49
Looks good so far, it should be ready tomorrow evening (pacific time).

To be notified as soon as it is released, you can join the UltraMon mailing list.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
@hlon   2001-09-07 05:42
Aaawwww, im in the UK so im a whole 8hrs ahead of Pacific time :(

...however, based on my normal sleeping patterns, that gives you to 7pm Pacific time to get it done in time for me to play with it before i go to sleep, hehe :P

Im joining the list now and eagerly anticipate the email update :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> UltraMon 2.0 Beta 5