Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor to Single Monitor
Scott   2007-02-08 00:36
Greetings,
I have a user that used to have three monitors. When she was moved to a different office they took away her three monitors and gave her just a single. The problem is that she didn't know this was going to happen and didn't move all of her applications onto the primary monitor before she shut down the last time. So, she has a program opening on a monitor that isn't there and we can't get it moved onto the primary.
I tried setting up UltraMon and making a hotkey to "move application to primary monitor" but nothing happens. On boot I am getting an UltraMon error to the effect of "you only have one monitor and this causes problems".
Any suggestions on how to get this application (IMB Mainframe Terminal Session Emulator (Personal Communications)) back onto the primary monitor?

Thanks!
Scott
ECarlson   2007-02-08 02:31
Alt-tab to the app, then Alt-spacebar, then press M for Move, then use the arrow keys to move the window to the active monitor.

If the app is full screen on another monitor, then before Alt-spacebar then M, do an Alt-spacebar then R to Restore the window to non-full-screen mode, then proceed with Alt-spacebar then M, and the arrow keys.

Sometimes, just using Alt-spacebar then X to MaXimize the app window will bring it to the primary monitor, but it might still return to the other monitor when you Alt-spacebar then R to Restore the window to non-full-screen mode.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor to Single Monitor