Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span desktop question?
Clayton   2007-02-12 14:51
I was just wondering if there was any way to get a running program to maximize in just one of the two monitors in span mode. I use large resolution, dual monitor wallpapers and I would like to get a program to open on just one monitor rather then centering it between the two. If I want to do that I have to switch and make my monitors independent and then have two of the same wallpapers on each monitor. I know its not a very big problem but would still like to know if there is anything I can do to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Clayton
ECarlson   2007-02-14 13:23
Use the Extended desktop mode (where Windows sees 2 monitors), then there are a number of ways to get the wallpaper to display properly across both monitors. If you already have the wallpaper resolution set to match the total resolution of both monitors, then you should just have to set Windows to "Tile" the wallpaper, and it will properly cover both monitors.

If the wallpaper isn't the correct resolution, I think UltraMon will enable you to display the wallpaper the way you want, or you can resize it to the correct resolution with your favorite image editor, or something free (for home use) like IrfanView, among others.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
tonyhawaii   2007-04-30 10:00
I'm not sure if I read your question right or not but it seems you may just need to resize your window within your stretched display. Hope it helps.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Span desktop question?