Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 3 monitors. 2 LCD 1 TV
massacray   2007-02-19 05:21
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and I really hope that you can help me.

What I want to do is run 3 monitors through my one Video card. Two of the moniters being LCDs, and they will be going through the VGA and the DVI connections. This I already know how to do using the basic windows tool. But the third moniter, which I have never really attempted is my television.

I want to run the television through my S Video slot (the little round one). I have run it individually before, just not with the other moniters.

So what I want to do is run all three of these moniters (one of the being my television) through the one video card.

Is this possible? And if so, how is it done, and what program is the best and easiest to use to do this. Freeware and Paid for version.

Thankyou in advanced.

Kind Regards

--Massacray

P.S

I'm working with:

Windows Media Centre Edition. Although I'll most likely go back to XP, or upgrade to Vista.

IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® D Processor 820 (2.8GHz 2x1MB L2 cache 800MHz FSB)

1024MB DDR2-SDRAM 533MHz

Radeon X1300mb 512mb (128mb Dedicated, 384mb Hyper Memory)

250GB S-ATA 3.0Gb/s hard drive (7200 RPM)

The strongest thing a man can own is his confidence.
ECarlson   2007-02-19 09:15
Your video card is only capable of generating 2 independent video signals, so if you were able to get the S-Video output to work at the same time as the other outputs (which is not likely), it would show the exact same image as one of the other 2 outputs.

You'll need a second video card to get a 3rd output, or a replacement card specifically designed to provide more than 2 simultaneous outputs.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
massacray   2007-02-19 12:53
Thanks Eric. You have saved me alot oftime.

Kudos

The strongest thing a man can own is his confidence.
Dan   2007-02-26 09:58
Similar computer setup.

Is there a program (ultramon?) or a script that would turn off LCD#1 and turn on TV and vice versa? Would like to activate by clicking on an icon or a hot key.

Not having much luck with nvidia menus and profiles.

Dan
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 3 monitors. 2 LCD 1 TV