Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to send programs without tool bar to 2nd monitor?
OB6   2007-02-22 23:02
Hi,
I have two 19" TFT monitors connected to my PC, and wanted to have different programs showing on each monitor.
Is it possible to move a program to the 2nd monitor that doesnt have a toolbar at the top (e.g Word has close, maximize and minimize buttons). This software doesnt have that on the top, and right clicking on it on the Windows Taskbar doesnt do anything.

Thanks
David DeRolph   2007-02-23 05:58
Does this freaky software always open in maximized mode? Have you tried dragging it to the other monitor? What is your video card? Have you looked at options you have in your video (ATI or nVidia) softare for adding buttons to facilitate moving an application from one monitor to the other?
ECarlson   2007-02-24 06:00
Can't you just drag it to the other monitor? Dragging is essentially the only way I ever move anything. Of course, you'll have to un-maximize it first, but you should be able to re-maximize it on the other monitor after you move it, if you want. I rarely ever have any app maximized, though there are a couple exceptions, so dragging is super-simple for me.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
James   2007-02-27 11:40
Using ultramons hot key section you can assign 'move left a monitor' and 'move right one monitor' to hotkeys.

If you then use these hotkeys i believe it should work on a maximized window.
Tom   2007-03-03 12:04
Some programs, such as games, run in "full screen mode" as default, meaning they have no toolbar. If you need a toolbar then you need to run the program in "windowed" mode. Read the manual for the program and see if it gives a command line that can be used to run it in windowed mode.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to send programs without tool bar to 2nd monitor?