Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cloning and different resolutions
Jamie   2007-02-27 07:56
Hi

Ive currently got my Tv connected via VGA along side my monitor both plugged into an ATI x800....Im trying to clone my main monitor on the Tv...the problem is though it that they both run at different resolutions

The monitor is 1280 x 1024 whilst the Tv's maximum res is 1024 x 768

Is it possible with ultramon to have the tv and monitor cloned but running at different resolutions

Thanks alot
Christian Studer   2007-02-27 11:14
Yes, but you'll get a distorted image due to the different aspect ratios, UltraMon mirroring currently doesn't preserve aspect ratio.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jamie   2007-02-28 03:49
Ah ok....so could i clone them both id they were both running at 1024 x 768?

Thanks
Jamie   2007-02-28 04:30
Also say if i had 2 graphics cards installed ....not an SLI setup would this allow different resolutions?

Thanks
Jamie   2007-02-28 08:05
I have managed to get it to work....Mirroring the 1st monitor on the second monitor (lcd tv)

The only problem now though is when i play a video on the pc it displays fine on the monitor but just a black box apperas on the tv

ive tried WMP , Winamp ,VLC and wmp classic

all of them doing the same

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Thanks
Christian Studer   2007-02-28 09:08
If you're using UltraMon mirroring, go to mirror settings > Options and disable video overlays, this should fix the problem.

LuciferLW   2007-06-14 23:57
I have the smae problem as above. The "disable video overlays" option is a solution, but the problem then is that MCE says that the videocard is not supported, and when you do get MCE started that scrolling is disabled.
With standard nView cloning this problem doesn't occur. Of course then there is the problem that you cannot use different resolutions on different monitors.
Summary, is there a possibility to have two idfferent resolutions on a clone and use full hardware acceleration?
Regards,
Terry   2007-06-15 00:49
I met this issue on playing video on clone working mode, although disable video card's overlay can watch mirror video, it is done all by software and not efficient. I have tried one software named Matrixdvd Player from http://www.xj-spark.com, it can display video on each monitors by hardware, so far so good.
Jason   2007-06-25 12:41
Ok, I may be an idiot, but I don't even see the "Mirroring" option anyware? Is it under "Options"? I saw the screen capture on your site, but my display properties doesn't have the mirroring option. I just installed UltraMon 3.0 Beta 1 (3.0.0) on my Windows Vista Machine. Is this a Vista issue?

I'm using NVidia drivers on my NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT. I have a small LCD touch-screen on the first display and an old CRT HDTV (640x480) on the second display.

Thanks!
Jason
Christian Studer   2007-06-26 09:10
Mirroring is not yet supported on Vista, support for this is planned for the 3rd 3.0 beta.

Jason   2007-06-26 13:52
Well, I'm glad to hear that I'm not an idiot! When do you expect the 3rd 3.0 beta will be released?

The problem I'm trying to fix now is that I am running Windows Vista Media Center on my 7 inch touch screen, but currently, both the touch-screen and the HDTV have to run at the same resolution for the mirroring to work. I want to have Media Center running on both displays but with different resolutions.

Thanks!
Jason
Christian Studer   2007-06-27 10:46
I don't have an estimated release date for the next release yet.

Please note that UltraMon usually can't mirror video. You would probably need to disable video overlays, which causes performance and image quality loss.

Jason   2007-06-28 04:59
Well, thanks for that info. I think I can live without mirroring video, if I make my TV the primary display, and the 7-in touchscreen the mirror? That way when video is displayed, it will only be on the TV. I'll give this a shot once your new release comes out. Do you have an email notifier for new releases?

Thanks,
Jason
Christian Studer   2007-06-28 09:50
There's no mailing list, but you could subscribe to the RSS feed.

D-VOCALIST   2009-05-04 05:17
hey man thanks for tellin ppl about the "disable video overlays and 3D acceleration. coz i was havin probs mirrorin my 1st monitor with my 4rd monitor but with that button checked, it works perfect, so now i can have my 3 monitors as my surround gaming/movies and my 4th monitor in my singin booth, so now me and ppl can c wats goin on in the booth.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cloning and different resolutions