Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Taskbar spanning dual-monitor setup and moving notification area
Mutiny32   2007-03-02 01:33
Hopefully I'm not the only one who is trying to do this. I have two monitors and I want to have the task bar span both monitors. What I really want is the notification area to be on the monitor on the right, and have the start menu on the monitor on the left. I don't want it in the middle of the "screen."

this will work if I just define a single monitor to span the combined resolution of both monitors, but then when I go to maximize windows, they maximize across both monitors, not just one.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can have windows maximize to one monitor and have the taskbar span the entire screen with the notification area being on the far right?
Danny   2007-03-18 05:06
In case you have a nVidia card and you are using a ForceWare driver, it's an easy one. Open nView Desktop Manager, you can activate additional buttons which appear in most applications which offer display jumping for windows, fullscreen mode for only one screen and a new roll-up kind of minimize.

Danny
mckay   2008-12-06 11:14
hi, could someone answer this post please? it's the same question that was asked over a year ago and never answered. is there just no solution?

"Nick 2007-07-12 04:06 The notification area on my taskbar wont go on my second screen (right screen) and Windows Vista Gadgets is on my left screen (primary screen) and i want to put these two on my right screen which is my secondary screen as you know.
Any Solutions?
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Nick Your Friendly Neighbor"
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Taskbar spanning dual-monitor setup and moving notification area