Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitors
Jonathan   2007-03-12 11:45
Greetings, I am looking to run 3 LCD displays and am looking for a good PCI Express card. I don't do much (if any) 3D gaming, but I do want to use Vista's Aero Glass interface so I guess I need at least a decent 3D accelerated card.

Can I get a single PCI Express card with decent 3D capability that will support 3 monitors? If so, what are my choices?

If not, I gues I'd have to get one decent dual card with 3D capabilities and then a second PCI card to support the 3rd. monitor?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Christian Studer   2007-03-12 13:01
You would probably need to get two cards, all the quad cards I'm aware of are mainly for 2D apps.

Make sure both cards use the same driver, otherwise you won't be able to use Aero.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Peter   2007-03-12 23:33
Cards that can run three 3D accelerated displays on PCI-e don't exist, sadly. The only way to run it off one card is by using a Matrox e-Dualhead/e-Triplehead, provided the resolution of your monitors fits within its spec (it can drive two or three monitors, but they must be at the same resolution).

Bear in mind that even if you do get two cards, actually running 3D accelerated apps across all three displays at the same time may be tricky. Professional apps will (probably) work - games most probably will not (with some exceptions).
Jack Dockstader5   2007-04-05 23:56
I am using a Nvidia Quadro NVS 440 at Work ,it is a single PCI-E slot card that supports 4 monitors I do 3d Cad work with Autodesk Building systems 2007 and this card is certified by Autodesk...no problems wwith the 3d aspects
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitors