Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dell Laptop with NVIDIA 6800 card VGA and PCI
Pat   2007-03-20 06:45
I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop with a Nvidia 6800 graphics card. The card has VGA and PCI output I would like to have 2 monitors connected to my laptop and have my laptop screen plus my two monitors each display a different output. Is this possible with Ultramon. I would definitley spend the money if is it possible. Can somebody tell me how to achieve this setup.

One laptop, one graphics card, 2 external monitors

Pat
Pat   2007-03-20 06:46
Sorry it is not PCI it is a DVI output.

Pat
Pat   2007-03-20 06:52
I guess it might not be possible:

Nvidia dualhead cards
Dualhead is only supported by some GeForce2 MX, GeForce4 MX and GeForce4 Ti cards. Other Nvidia cards (for example GeForce3) do not support dualhead.

Additional points to consider when looking for an Nvidia card that supports 2 monitors/LCD flat panels:

some cards are advertised as nView or TwinView capable, but only support a TV as secondary display. These cards usually have a single VGA port and TV-out
some cards have both a VGA and a DVI connector, but don't support use of both connectors at the same time
some cards have a DVI-D (digital only) connector instead of DVI-I (digital/analog), which means that a DVI-to-VGA converter will not work

Pat
Christian Studer   2007-03-20 10:49
This would depend on the hardware, UltraMon won't help with this, but as far as I know laptops usually only support up to 2 monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dell Laptop with NVIDIA 6800 card VGA and PCI