Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop and desktop as 2 monitors
jarek108   2007-03-20 19:55
i do not know much about multimonitor stuff but i want to use my laptop and dell seperate when i need to but when i have them both i want them to be like a 2 monitor system with controll of 1 mouse keyboard and ability to drag and drop between them. possible?
ecarlson   2007-03-22 00:26
Depending on exactly what you want to accomplish, you're either looking for MaxiVista or Synergy.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Anla-shok   2007-03-22 16:55
kavoom.biz is what I use. Although none of them can drag and drop, you need to cut and paste, since all the programs just share the clipboard between the systems.
ecarlson   2007-03-23 16:23
That depends on what he means by drag and drop. If we just wants to use the second computer as a second screen for the first computer (MaxiVista style), then he can drag and drop objects onto the second screen, though they are still actually "owned" by the first computer, and just being displayed on the second computer.

But, as you indicated, to move/copy data from one computer's "ownership" to the other computer's "ownership" (Synergy style), then cut/copy and paste is required.

kavoom.biz also looks like they have both types of software, though this is the first time I've heard of them.

I wonder if there are any other similar apps out there.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop and desktop as 2 monitors