Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 2 monitors + a TV
Einar   2007-03-24 12:14
I'm just running this on a 9800Pro, so I realize theres no way the card to generate 3 independant video signals, but is there any way to make the TV be a mirror of the secondary monitor? Or some way to set up a hotkey to switch the secondary monitor to the TV without going through the hassle of going through the display settings? Can any higher end graphics cards generate more than 2 independant signals? I have a GeForce 7800GS lying arround, would that make a difference?
Josh   2007-03-24 17:31
I'm not aure about most of your questions. I think it may be possible to mirror the signal. ALthough the software may or may not support it. Of course you could always accomplish this mirring through the use of a physical splitter that splits the normal VGA or DVI signal into a normal VGA and then coax. Of course that could only be used for mirroring and it's an extra cost.

As for high end video cards that support more then 2 separate signals. Yeah there are tons of them. But you're looking at the wrong manufacturers. Triple head and quad head cards come from companies like matrox. Nvidia and ATI don't really make professinal multiheaded gaming cards.

Although depending on your system setup and the types of cards you have it is possible to install more then one dual head video card and then have the option of four screens that way.
wilson   2007-04-01 06:21
If your ATI video Card had 2 monitor plugs and an s-video TV out, you may be able to run 2 monitors and the TV AT THE SAME TIME.

I DO.

ATI Catalyst software manages everything. The only draw back is that the TV has to be set for the same resolution as the TV which max is 1024 x 768.

You can also make 2 configurations in Catalyst. I using your 2 monitors and 1 for a monitor and the Tv. Stick the icons for the 2 different setups onn yourt quicklaunch or desktop and just click on one or the other to flip the monitor configuration on the fly without rebooting. The screens flicker once and you have changes modes.

Make sure you have the most up to date Catalyst version from the ATI website.

I use Ultra Monitor instead of the ATI HydraVision. It's easier and quicker. Just click on the icon and shoo an application over to the other monitor. same with that task bar stuff.

Wilson
Pete   2007-09-26 19:23
Wilson,

how did you manage to do that? I have Radeon 9550 and I can run only 2 monitors or 1 monitor and TV at same time. If I want to enable TV (drag an drop it up there) it gives me just "swap" option. If I cancel it, my changes are ignored.
I have the latest Catalyst (downloaded 1 month ago).

Best regards,
Pete
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Running 2 monitors + a TV