Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full screen gaming + seperate screen usage
Forcemaster   2007-03-29 22:40
Okay, topic sounds a bit vague, but it comes down to this:

When I'm doing something full screen (gaming etc) and I click in my other screen the game minimizes, is there any way to stop this? Just wondering.
Mantus   2007-04-03 00:56
Hi got the same problem, it worked fine at the beginning, but as soon as i started a second game, its started working like you described :/
now i dont know how i can get rid of thie "feature" .... did you find anything helpfull ?
Chris M   2007-04-03 23:55
Also I was wondering ifif there is a way to play games on one screen, and watch a movie on the other. I have a GeForce 7800, with 2 monitors attached to the card. When ever I try to watch a movie, while playing the game, I only get audio.
The Bean Farmer   2007-04-05 06:10
I've had the same problem. I think the only way to remedy that would be to play the full-screen program (game or whatever) in a windowed format that is still as large as the full screen. That way you can still tab between programs without having to exit full-screen mode.
Snake   2007-04-09 01:53
it mostly depends on the game. some opengl games will let you move the focus into another monitor (any quake3-based games) and stay maximized, which is sometime more trouble than it's worth. however, almost all direct3d games will minimize when focus is lost. it has something to do with releasing the resources in case another program needs them. i'd be surprised if there wasn't a hack for this, because i'm pretty sure that there's a specific setting for using foreground or background mode when you're setting up d3d.

but if your problem is keeping the cursor from accidentally getting into the other screens, then see this post.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Full screen gaming + seperate screen usage