Forums -> Multiple monitors -> A few quick questions before I buy - need help from the pros
brokensoldier   2007-04-03 04:08
Greetings:

Before i purchase this product I want to know that what I want to do is feasible.

I have three monitors and one graphics card. Yes, I know I will have to purchase new cards - that is not the issue. I need to know exactly what I have to buy to get all three monitors up and running.

I have one main monitor that I use for gaming which is powered by an nVidia 7950 dual head. I do not intent to run anything other than my games off of this card, have only one monitor plugged into it, and do not intend to extend the game to other monitors.

My questions are thus:

Is there a compatability issue with my nVidia 7950 card that would require me to buy specific secondary and tertiary cards? (Do the other cards have to be of a specific brand, or is there a recommended configuration?)

Would you recommend, for the second and third monitor, that I buy two separate cards or one dual head card?

Would you post the ideal configuration to run ultramon on three monitors based on a primary using an nVidia 7950?

Thank you for your time, and thank you for this wonderful product.
brokensoldier   2007-04-06 09:47
bump

anyone ?
DrewardRD   2007-04-06 20:44
How about this as a solution to your question

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/products/home.php

Once in the matrox site scroll down to:
Graphics eXpansion Modules (GXM)
then
click Matrox TripleHead2Go Analog or Digital Edition

Good luck

Dave

Utrecht Holland
ecarlson   2007-04-07 00:20
Any dual-monitor secondary card would probably be fine, as long as it fits one of your other slots. Though, you might want to stick with a similar chipset series, so the same drivers can be used for both cards, especially if you plan to use Vista Aero.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> A few quick questions before I buy - need help from the pros