Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unable to stretch window across 3 monitors
Jeff   2007-04-04 05:56
Hello,

Is there a setting in the Nvidia GForce FX5200 card software that forces a window to snap to the monitor that has the most percentage of that window?

I want to stretch a window across 3 monitor screens but when I release mouse button the window shrinks back to the original monitor that it was started in. No overlap allowed.

Specifications:
One NVIDIA GForce FX5200 PCI card, one ATI Radeon X1550 PCI card in a Dell Dimension e310, Windows XP Media Center Edition, With Ultra Mon http://130.94.74.217/ultramon/ installed and there was no problem when physically installing both cards, windows did not error at all. All drivers updated fine and the resolution on three 22” Dell widescreen monitors is great, loving life on such a big desk top with all settings are at default for both cards.

NOTE: The ATI card was installed first and I had only two monitors working fine with the ATI card alone, but I decided to go all out and get a third monitor but wanted a GForce 256 for more video power, after installing the GForce card, I had the above problem.

Thanks, Jeff
ecarlson   2007-04-05 13:06
I believe you have a snap-to-monitor setting turned on in the settings for one of the video cards. You need to find the setting and turn it off.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unable to stretch window across 3 monitors