Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia 21.81 drivers
Christian Studer   2001-09-11 01:02
Summary: no fixes for all the known multi-monitor bugs, but improved performance on XP.

Win98/Me: single-monitor GeForce2 MX cards are still recognized as TwinView cards. It's actually worse than with the 12.41 drivers: you get an additional disabled monitor for each GeForce2 MX card, with the 12.41 drivers you got only a single additional monitor.

Win2000: primary monitor still loses DirectX acceleration after secondary monitors have been disabled and re-enabled.

WinXP: I tested on RC2. Performance seems to have improved, especially for fading tooltips, menus, etc.

My system

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Winger300   2001-09-11 05:30
Hmm, different results here, I have installed them, from 14.90 and i now have full multimonitor support, as in two seperate devices under Windows XP. It now functions idenctically to my previous setup of Geforce SDR and Voodoo3 PCI.

Some more info....

Windows XP build 2600 RTM Corporate
Gainward Geforce 2mx Dualhead AGP
2x 17" Trinitron monitors

There are now no options for TwinView, so i can return to using Ultramon again ;)
Christian Studer   2001-09-11 05:39
That's good news. Did you also notice a performance improvement on XP?

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Kristian   2001-09-11 05:53
Is anyone able to post a screenshot somewhere of the Windows XP display settings for Twinview and true multi-monitor support?

~K
Kristian   2001-09-11 06:15
Sweet! I got it figured out! If you didn't uninstall your secondary display adapter then twinview will not work for whatever reason. I just removed my s3 virge and the secondary display on the geforce 2 mx worked like a charm with independent resolutions and all.

Here's a screenshot of the display settings.

~K
Winger300   2001-09-11 06:50
Cool, glad you fixed it.

I simply ran the install, and it worked first time.

I've not really noticed any performance increases with them, but then im running a pretty speedy 1.1Ghz machine here, with 512mb of ram.

I will have to try out some games though.
Kimbow   2001-09-27 04:07
First of all, excuse me for this question. I don't use to visit this forum and any of you probably posted a solution before so I'm sorry.
The question is the next: do anybody known how to disable Twinview? I've a Geforce 2 MX with nVidia 21.81 drivers (running under Win98) and I tried to fix it with TvTool 5.5 but I couldn't. I don't know what I have to do because the Twinview properties says that twinview is disabled but Windows detects 2 videocards and 2 monitors (the one I have and another Unknown Display).
Thank you for your interest.
zoney   2001-10-05 19:12
I notice the win2k bug as well,
I'm currenly running a 2 monitor setup. Both card running on the Nvidia 21.81 drivers.
Primary: Geforce 256 DDR(AGP)
Secondary: TNT2 M64(PCI)

Is there a fix for the "Win2000: primary monitor still loses DirectX acceleration after secondary monitors have been disabled and re-enabled." ?

Perhaps using different drivers on each card?

Thanks..
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia 21.81 drivers