Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Monitors: Screensaver in a monitor while working with other monitor?
Valadis   2007-04-04 19:36
Hi, I have a problem.

I am installing multi-monitor systems in a jewellery store.

I need a large, TV/PC Monitor, to display a screensaver with pictures of jewels (the common that comes with windows and displays your 'My Pictures' folder).

BUT! I need the small normal PC monitor to be able to work while the screensaver!

For example I want to be able to work with Word while the big monitor still displays a screensaver even if I move the mouse..

Please give me a descriptive and helpful answer, time presses me to finish!!

Thanks in advance.

Valadis G.
Katharine   2007-04-04 19:58
You could probably create a slideshow or video and loop it, and run that on the 2nd monitor instead... though I couldn't tell you how to create a video...

are you running Vista or XP? Vista's Photo Gallery has a slideshow feature, which would probably work well, but I am unaware of any such feature on XP... There is probably freeware somewhere to do it... I would check out some photography communities for tips.

Katharine
ecarlson   2007-04-05 12:56
You could just play a slideshow on the second monitor, but if you really need it to be a screensaver, then the UltraMon Screen Saver Player on the UltraMon add-ons page might do the trick.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Simon   2007-04-24 23:52
you could use some free tools like google picasa to run full screen on the desired monitor with your pictures in loop.

picasa.google.com

Simon - simon@qic.ca
benway   2007-05-02 22:15
What you need is Multi-Show.
http://www.mediachance.com/free/multishow.htm

This is a free utility especially for changing the wallpaper at given intervals on your second monitor. And it's free. I've been using this for some time and it works flawlessly with little ram usage. UltraMon would do well to incorporate this.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Monitors: Screensaver in a monitor while working with other monitor?