Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Moving cursor between monitorus
Hans L   2007-04-06 03:46
I have three monitors, all set to the same resolution. I have the latest UltraMon (3.0 Beta 1).

When I have the mouse cursor at the top of the middle monitor, and I try to drag it to the left monitor, I hit a wall (so to speak). I have to lower the cursor a little to move it, and then it appears at the top of the left monitor.

I thought this happened only when you had different resolutions at the monitors, but I have 1280 x 1024 on all three. The middle and left monitor are also driven by the same card, GeForce 7900 GT (the right one, which works correctly in the "dragging sense", is driven by GeForce 7900 GS). I have the nVidia drivers installed.

What could be the problem?

Regards,

Hans L
Hans L   2007-04-06 05:15
Woooops, first, I discovered that if I moved the cursor very fast, it did not hit the wall.

Then, after having played around with the display settings a while, the problem disappeared (probably after I used UltraMon to get the same settings for all monitors, in spite of the fact that they all seemed to have the same setting s already).

Hans L
ecarlson   2007-04-07 00:12
This can happen if the monitors representations are not aligned exactly in Display Properties. You can go into Display properties, and drag the monitors around, and even place them out of line with each other if you want, or swap them around, if they don't match your current configuration.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Hans L   2007-04-15 05:51
Sorry for late reply, ecarlson. I got the same problem after reinstalling Windows and all apps, and I only then saw your response. I lined the monitors up, and all is fine. Had no idea this was important.

Thanks for your help.

Hans L
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Moving cursor between monitorus