Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Vista won't remember settings
Pascal D.   2007-04-15 22:49
Hi,

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 with Ultramon 3.0.0.beta1 on 2 monitors and i'm very pleased with it.

There's one thing that is really strange. When I lock my machine and then unlock it again. It takes about 5 seconds and then my monitors switch sides.

Normally I have my secondary (streched) desktop on the left side. When I lock and unlock again, it switches the secondary monitor to the right side.

I can't get it to remember my settings. Anyone else experience this problem?

Best regards,

Pascal
Christian Studer   2007-04-16 09:41
I haven't seen this myself so far, I'm also using 64-bit Vista, with 3 monitors.

My guess would be that it's an issue with the video card software, maybe the video card driver.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
John   2007-04-17 07:43
I have the same exact problem. I'm using a Dell D820 laptop using an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M display adapter, running under Vista.
Tyler   2007-04-18 03:49
Same issue here: if I lock my pc or reboot, then my monitor arrangement defaults. My stop gap measure is to set up a display profile, then after unlocking my pc I right click the ultramon icon in my sys tray, the select my saved profile and the monitor arrangement will be back the way I set it. It is a bit annoying, but this kept me from having to open a bunch of stuff to reset my arrangement.

I am using a Latitude D620 with a Quadro NVS 110M, Vista 64bit
BigE   2007-04-18 05:22
I have this same problem with Vista and a D620 with the Nvidia card. If I uninstall the Nvidia drivers and only use the built in windows drivers I do not have this problem.
Dragon   2007-04-25 00:15
I have the same exact problem when using my Dell Precision M90. I'm using the default vista drivers for the Quadro FX 1500M but everytime I reboot or lock my pc it resets the secondary monitor position from left to right.
I still haven't found any solutions to this yet
Ryan   2007-04-25 08:28
I had the same problem, too, only with an ATI Mobility X300 card. I found a couple of "fixes". The first involved switching back to the Microsoft-supplied drivers. The second "fix" was to go into Services and disable the "Ati External Event Utility" service.
Matt   2007-05-09 07:12
Same issue for me with my Dell D620 with nvidia graphics. From what I can tell this is a video driver issue.
Pipo   2007-05-11 20:24
GREAT, Ryan! Thanks a lot!
I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit on a IBM/Lenovo T60p, ATI Mobility FireGL 5200 (ATI drivers), UltraMon 3.0 Beta1
Disabling the "Ati External Event Utility" service fixed the problem.
lars   2007-05-13 23:41
I am having the exact same problem. Vista 32bit. Only I don't see any "ATI External Event Utility" in the services.msc window?!
lars   2007-05-13 23:42
Sorry for my previous post. After I clicked submit, it occurred to me that I have an NVidia Geforce GO 7600 card ;) No wonder I don't have ATI-driver-elements on my system ;)
I wonder what I can do then...
Lars   2007-05-19 09:46
Forgot to post here again. This behaviour is definitely a video driver issue. The guys above me fixed it with the ATI driver by terminating a service. With NVIDIA you have to use their control panel to set the primary/secondary screen! It fixed it with me! :)
Syphadius   2007-05-25 02:24
I also have a Lenovo T-60 with X1300 video card. I'm running utramon beta 3 and it would not remember my settings after lock-unlock login... after disabeling the service (ATI external service Utility) related to it, my issue was fixed. thanks for the info guys!
Mel   2007-11-02 06:36
I'm having the same issue of my monitors orienting incorrectly when locking/unlocking my pc, only I am running XP not Vista. Mine are set up one above the other, and it keeps ordering them sideways instead. ATI Mobility Radeon X2300. There is no listing for ATI external service Utility in my Services. Any ideas on how to correct this issue? It's really irritating.
Ben Gartland   2008-07-28 00:24
Same issue here, Lenovo + Vista with NVidia GeForce 7300.
Fixed issue by using the NVidia control panel.
Start > Run > nvcpl.cpl
Display settings > Multiple displays
Set it as you need it. Job done.
Ben

www.pctechnician.co.uk
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Vista won't remember settings