Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need answers before I purchase, multiple programs
Jamie   2007-04-17 10:44
I want to be able to run two seperate programs on two monitors at the same time, IE a PowerPoint presentation for customers to view on one monitor at a sales counter and seperate programs on my monitor that I can use behind the sales desk. Will this program allow me to do this ? Can I easily change displays so that I can put my screen image onto their viewable screen, then back to the slideshow ?

Thanks in advance, Jamie
ecarlson   2007-04-17 12:26
You don't need any special software to run different apps on different monitors. I suggest setting up 2 monitors and trying it: It's very simple. UltraMon does add some nice features that you might like, and will give you more control, but you don't need it to start out.

I assume the PowerPoint on the second screen will not require any user interaction, otherwise, that's a whole different story -- multiple users on one computer -- and will require a different solution altogether.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Jamie   2007-04-17 21:15
I can get the presentation to the other monitor, but when I run the slide show ( in full screen ) it diverts back to my monitor to display. I can't make it stay full screen on the customer monitor.
ecarlson   2007-04-18 13:50
Just took a quick look in PowerPoint (Office 2003), and you go under Slide Show, then Set Up Show, then under the Multiple Monitors section, you choose the monitor you want the slide show to display on. You can even set the resolution and other stuff on the Set Up Show menu.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need answers before I purchase, multiple programs