Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem install dual display setup in XP 2600
test1234   2001-09-12 19:31
I try to setup the dual display feature of xp, by install two v-card, one s3-virge, one trident 3d blade, both pci.

Problem: if I install each one individually, xp recognize each card, but both installed,one only installed properly,one always had ! sign will appear in device manager. I try to switch pci slots and find out this always the case, right most card is always not installed properly. Thanks in advance for any help.
test1234   2001-09-12 19:37
Just want add to my previous post, at the properties box, it said error code 10. anybody know what that means. thanks. I have this card working ok under WinMe.
TheCop   2001-09-16 07:54
I have had a similar problem with both the Trident and S3 chipsets. Neither card will work for multiple displays, according to to the Microsoft Hardware Compatability site neither card is usable under XP (Actually, not many PCI cards are listed for XP). I can use any of these chipsets fine under 98, 98SE and Me, but 2000 and XP won't enable them. The only cards that I have found listed are a few 3Dfx Voodoo's and the ATI All-in-wonder Radeons, Mobility, Rage and a Creative Graphics Blaster. I gave up on the search as it was way to long to list them all, check www.microsoft.com/hcl for a listing and let me know what you decide on.
Kristian   2001-09-16 14:47
s3 chipsets must be set as the primary vgs adapter in your systems BIOS

~K
jaap Tollenaar   2001-10-28 22:08
some ATI cards doesn't work also
, but is was using then both ( Banshee + ati + s3)
I can't set set both to be enabled first !
Thor   2001-10-29 05:56
Two systems:
System 1:
VisionTek Geforce3 64MB AGP set as primary display
VisionTek Geforce2MX 32MB PCI set as secondary display
when I loaded XP it recognized them both and were enabled when I booted into XP...

System 2:
ATI Radeon 64MB DDR Vivo AGP set as Primary display
ATI XPert@Play 98 PCI set as Secondary display
when I loaded XP it said the card could not start...same error...it has drivers...but for some reason it just cannot start...

as you can see I'm had mixed results
kallemu   2001-11-04 01:40
Hello from germany,

i have had the same problem with my two ati-cards under WindowsXP.

ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP
ATI 3D Rage Pro PCI

However i try BIOS "firstboot AGP/PCI". The first booting card (AGP/PCI) works fine, but the second card doesn`t work. Now i found a solution. This is a driver problem. Please look here for an unofficial driver.

http://www.geocities.com/ziyadhosein/
Click to "Rage Pro Chipset"
Pull down to...
......Complete Windows XP Drivers. (Not 2000 compatible).
5.00.2500.5772 - This is a DirectX 8 based driver that supports all of the features of the Rage Pro chipset. OpenGL and Direct3d on all Rage Pro based cards are supported. All ATI controls panels are implemented. DXVA is supported in this release. TV-out is functional. And finally, MULTIMONITOR is implemented. Most resolutions are available.

Download here . (Released October 29, 2001)
http://www.geocities.com/atimobility/files/XP_5772.zip

After installing this driver (atintwdm.inf) my two ATI-Cards works fine.
Ziyad Hosein   2001-11-06 03:05
Most appreciated if you guys visit the site. I dont like people linking directly to the files. I am sure you would understand if you were in my position. I run a support site for the Rage Pro Chipset, and it is the most comprehensive site about the piece of crap :)
XP_5772 is the same driver that is available at Windows Update. The only changes are to the inf file - All Rage Pro chipsets are now supported and more resolutions are available by default.

Windows Tweaks and Retro Drivers
hessius   2001-11-14 18:04
I am having a problem which I think is very similar.

I can use multimon in Windows 98, ME, and EVEN IN 2000. I have an ATI Rage IIC as my PCI card, and a AGP card with a nVidia GeForce2 GTS chipset. They work in 2000 fine, but XP reports that there was no avalible IRQs for the GeForce2 card. (I already have made PCI the primary, and tried the other way as well). If any of you know the answer to this problem, I would appreciate any help you can give... I am about to pull my hair out.
gug   2001-12-24 10:58
me 2
i ve got a rage II+DVD
plz help me
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problem install dual display setup in XP 2600