Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Out Card with two monitors - Only shows one monitor in Display properties
Justin   2007-04-23 06:11
Hi!

I have a GeForce 7900GTX, wich has two outputs for monitors. I have 2 24" LCD displays plugged into the card.

In the windows hardware manager, it sees both monitors (plug and play). But when I open up the display properties, it only shows 1 monitor, rather than 2.

Also, I can go into the NVIDIA control panel and set the multiple display settings, but that only allows span(horiz/vert)/clone/single. When I choose span, it does span both monitors, but in the display properties, it still shows just one monitor (although it is a bigger resolution monitor).

This would all be fine, except that when I open up Ultramon, it only detects one monitor.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
Justin
Christian Studer   2007-04-23 09:15
You should also have a Dualview option there, which is the regular extended desktop. I'm not sure why this option wouldn't be available though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
RJ   2007-04-23 16:16
I am also having this same issue with a 6800gt. 1 monitor is plugged in on DVI, 1 is on the VGA. Any help would be appreciated.
Freak   2007-05-01 22:38
Yes i too have 2 monitors plugged in on XP64...

My primary (DVI) is detected, but secondary (VGA) is not detected...

When installing, i got a message saying something like. Potential Conflict or Problem only 1 display detected.....

Nvidia's Nview detects and can use both...

Any ideas?
Gravy   2008-02-27 18:48
I have the same problem also, with a fx5200.
the monitor on the vga shows up but not the one connected to the dvi.
Both show up in system and nvidia control panel.
I have tried different driver versions with no change.
Justin (Not original poster)   2008-02-29 01:32
I have had this problem in the past and had to reinstall the drivers. Even though I had the latest drivers installed reinstalling the drivers seemed to fix it for me the one time dual view was not available.

Justin
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Out Card with two monitors - Only shows one monitor in Display properties