Forums -> Multiple monitors -> playing video on second monitor
Abel   2007-04-25 07:48
Hello all:

Wondering how to solve this issue. When playing video on 1st monitor and dragging to second, the video stops and I can't make it restart on the second monitor.

Has anyone dealt with this? Ive tried changing video playback software and still cuts off on second monitor.
ecarlson   2007-04-25 13:36
I've seen a number of discussions about that issue in this forum. Searching through the older discussions should provide some helpful answers.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Chris M   2007-05-05 00:20
Depending on your video card and drivers will determine a solution or lack there of one.
David DeRolph   2007-05-07 04:16
Yes, I've never had a problem with this. I'm using dual monitor with two video cards, one APG and one PCI, both nVidia an both using driver version 8.1.9.8.
Miles   2007-05-07 17:36
Sometimes this is due to a Digital Rights management issue (This means that video will only play on the "primary" display, change that to the one you wish to see), sometimes it is as simple as the video buffer not transferring properly when you move it.

Can you make a shortcut to the video player and open it on the screen you wish to use it on?

Or just open the player, move it to the proper display, then open a file to play.

Last, it could be a different rendering method will help, for example I use Media Player Classic and there are several different methods of displaying the video output in the Options/Preferences/Settings menu. Or try VLC (Video Lan Client) from vlc.org, it also has some different rendering methods and uses ffmpeg for the video.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> playing video on second monitor