Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop Usage of UltraMon
Nir Friedman   2007-05-16 01:01
Hi, I became alerted to Ultra because I have the following annoying issue on my laptop (with a secondary monitor plugged in) and went searching on the net to deal with it. Basically my laptop will only allow the laptop display itself to be the primary display. Since the display I have plugged in is a 22 inch, I have obvious reasons for wanting the external monitor to be primary. I have had this problem on my last laptop but was able with some trickery to make the external monitor primary. These tricks are not working here. Will ultramon solve this problem? Also, is ultra mon smart enough to deal with it if I unplug the secondary monitor (like if I'm taking the laptop somewhere), i.e. to stop using the external display and put everything on the laptop display?

A final question that probably can't be solved using ultramon but I was hoping some of the multi monitor enthuesiasts would have an answer to. My two monitors look very different (i.e. colour settings), is there some easy way of making them look exactly alike? (other than playing around with colour settings on one for an hour).

Thanks in advance!
Christian Studer   2007-05-16 10:08
UltraMon usually can't change the primary monitor on laptops, but the software for the video chipset should have a setting for this.

Undocking will be handled by Windows, UltraMon doesn't get involved with that.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Laptop Usage of UltraMon