Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nvidia geforce 7950 gx + matrox g450 dualhead pci problem
otstrel   2007-06-05 20:42
video 1 - nvidia geforce 7950 gx
video 2 - matrox g450 dualhead pci
system - windows xp prof sp2 with all updates
drivers - latest for both cards, vxp2k_204_00_179_se_u.exe for g450 and 94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql.exe for geforce
problem - only first driver installed works, other one fails with the following entry in event log:
Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\nv4_disp.dll failed to load
or
Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\G400DHD.dll failed to load
any help will be much appreciated
otstrel   2007-06-08 05:32
anyone?
Eric   2008-06-04 02:13
I'm having the same problem. I get the same error, and the G450 will only display at 640x480 at 4-bit color on my 3rd monitor.

- Dell Optiplex GX270, 3.Ghz P4, 1.Gig RAM, XP SP3

- NVidia GeForce FX 5200 AGP with two analog 17" LCD, driver v93.71

- Matrox G450 PCI with one analog 17" LCD, driver v5.96.4.0 (also tried v5.93.9.0 from Windows Update)

Any ideas? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Matrox drivers with no change.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2008-06-05 05:01
Additional info:

The Matrox G450 works fine if I remove the NVidia AGP card, and removing the AGP card enables the onboard Intel 82865G video. So, for now, until I can get the Matrox and NVidia to work together, I'm running 2 monitors on the Matrox and one on the onboard video.

Matrox support didn't provide any specific fix, but they suggested getting the G450 working first without the NVidia, then try adding in the NVidia (They even suggested uninstalling the NVidia drivers first, but I haven't gone that far yet).

I have not yet tried adding the NVidia back in.

ecarlson   2009-05-24 09:51
Update: I had both cards working together for a couple months, but not any longer.

I had removed the NVidia card, and was using the Matrox + onboard for 3 monitors. I had also uninstalled the NVidia drivers via Add/Remove programs. A few months later, I decided to put the NVidia back in, and Windows detected it using some old driver version, and I was able to run the 3 monitors with 2 on the NVidia via DVI, and 1 on the Matrox via DVI.

But, I was having problems with SQL Server Management Studio 2005 freezing and hogging the CPU at random, and a Google search found a few people who had fixed the problem by updating their NVidia drivers. So, I tried updating to the latest NVidia drivers, and that was the end of the NVidia card working with the Matrox card once again. I tried uninstalling the drivers, I tried letting Microsoft Update install a somewhat older driver, and I tried reinstalling the new drivers a few times, but I always got errors when trying to enable the NVidia displays.

So, I'm back to running the 3 monitors off the motherboard and the Matrox card: 2 via analog, and 1 via digital. It actually looks okay this way, so I'll probably leave it. I am using 3 newer monitors this time (still all 17" LCD's though), and they seem to handle the analog signals quite well.

Pieter le Roux   2009-07-27 21:39
I have a similar problem but I cant get my onboard card to run with my Matrox G450 to give me 3 displays. It seems the Matrox disables the onboard display. Any Ideas on how to get all three dsiplays working together ??

PLR
ECarlson   2009-07-30 06:05
Is your G450 an AGP card? If so, you can't use AGP and onboard at the same time. If it is a PCI G450, like mine, then I'm not sure why they are not both working at the same time. See if there are any BIOS settings that might make a difference.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nvidia geforce 7950 gx + matrox g450 dualhead pci problem