Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to Using 6 Monitor?
Azis   2007-06-11 17:26
I wanna use 6 or more monitor, but i dont know about the hardware configuration such as mainboard, VGA, that supporting it, anyone can help me?

Azis WP
Christian Studer   2007-06-12 09:48
You'll need at least two video cards, for example one quad (4-monitor) card and one dual card.

If your system has an AGP slot, you could get one AGP card + one PCI card.

If you have PCI Express, you'll need to get cards based on the types of slots you have, for example if you have two x16 slots you could get two regular PCI Express video cards, otherwise you'll need to get one video card which supports running in an x1 PCI Express slot, for example the Nvidia Quadro NVS or Matrox G550.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
David DeRolph   2007-06-14 07:31
Can PCI cards be used with PCI Express cards?
rtangwai   2007-06-15 14:30
Yes they can - I have a 6 monitor setup using one PCIe Radeon X800XL and two PCI Radeon 9200's (see config #8109 in the gallery). In XP they perform quite well on the desktop - I cannot see any difference in things like moving windows and such between the three cards. The only problem is Vista - Aero Glass won't work with this config because of the need for all the cards to use the same driver, which isn't possible because the current Catalysts don't support anything below a Radeon 9500.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to Using 6 Monitor?