Forums -> Multiple monitors -> SiS 6326 rev C5 (DVD) PCI - no DirectX acceleration as secondary - fix ?
Chris Orgill   2001-09-24 06:42
Hi,

I'm using this configuration and I can't get any DirectX acceleration, DVD acceleration, or video overlay playback on this SiS card if it's the secondary in WinME.

Any ideas ?

Chris Orgill
Terry   2001-09-28 01:48
Not much of a solution, I know, but bear with me...

Have you managed to get this card to provide DVD acceleration when it is the only card in the system? I've a K6/2-500 and it was still as jerky as hell. It's my sneaking suspicion that the "acceleration" provided by this card is non-existant. Try buying a Hollywood+ card or a more expensive gfx card. Sorry.

Terry
Chris Orgill   2001-09-28 07:14
Terry,

yes, with the SiS card as primary ( init PCI first in AOpen BIOS) WinDVD 3.0
can play PAL DVDs smoothly at full frame rate with either a K6/2-400 or K6/2-500
on my MX59Pro.

The reason I bought the SiS 6326 card is that it is the only cheap card with iDCT
acceleration that I could find - and it seems to be the only card that WinDVD supports
iDCT on.

As the 6326 is crap for just about everything else, though, it doesn't make sense
to use it as a primary, and switching primary adapters in WinME is a nightmare -
you have to re-install the driver each time.

Chris
weiliu   2001-11-06 00:29
Chris Orgill :
my computer is :
cpu:k6/2-500(83X6),INTEL TX/MOTHER BOARD,WITH 128M/SDRAM,SIS6326 rev C5/PCI 8M,ESS 1869 SOUND CARD/ISA,16XDVD(DMA MODE OPENED)
WIN98+DIRECTX 8.1 RC2+WINDVD 3.0

When i use HWMC/IDCT,play dvd is smoothly & full frame,but i switch subtitle on, when subtitle appeared£¬the movie is intermission£¬then resume£¬when next subtitle appeared,intermission again,resume again.....,swithch subtitle off,then smoothly.

can u help me ? thanks.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> SiS 6326 rev C5 (DVD) PCI - no DirectX acceleration as secondary - fix ?