Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VGA S-Video RCA TV-OUT Laptop - Need help
veritas   2007-06-17 16:14
So here is the issue.

I used to have a dell latitude d800, which had an s-video out port on its nvidia geforce go5200.

Long story short, dell sent me a latitude d820 to replace it 3.5 years later, with an Nvidia Quatro NVS 110M and it doesn't have one.

I am trying to come up with a very mobile solution (preferably no external power required) to convert VGA to S-Video or RCA (composite) so I can hook it up to a TV. Absolute maximum I am willing to spend is about $100. I have found a VGA to Svideo adapter cable (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040113&p_id=2509&seq=1&format=2&style= ), but I am fairly certain that it will not work, having previously tested one on a similar computer.

Any solutions that ANYONE has regarding this are welcome. I know there are some pc to tv converters out there, but I am not familiar with any in particular. either post a reply or contact me at marinebio72 AT comcast D0T net
ecarlson   2007-06-18 13:49
RAM Electronics seems to have a lot of VGA and USB to video converters, some under $100, and the GEZ-1000 looks like the cheapest they have at $50.

I've never dealt with this company myself, I just found it via Google.

I also searched for Firewire to video adapters, but everything I googled was expensive.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> VGA S-Video RCA TV-OUT Laptop - Need help