Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple agp
Keith Wakeham   2001-09-25 05:24
I was wondering if it is possible to use an onboard agp video card while also using an add-in agp card. I don't think it is possible but would like to know if somebody has tried it and if they were successful. Sorry, I have no specs on exact hardware but I am only speculating because i would like to be able to use an add in agp card with the new nforce board when it arrives while using the onboard agp video as a secondary display. Thanx in advance
=)
@hlon   2001-09-25 19:07
Thats not possible on this rev of nForce, supposedly a feature point of the next version sometime in the first half of next year. Simply putting in a graphics card into the AGP slot will disable the onboard video straight away.

Id say it normally wouldnt be possible either, sicne AGP is not a bus and cant support multiple devices like PCI...hence why we only have 1 AGP slot, since (unless im off whack on this, since ive never seen it specifically written) adding a 2nd would require additional chipset resources and another AGP connection layed out on the motherboard, which since most people dont use 2, wouldnt be very practical for mobo manufacturers to do considering the cost.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple agp