Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multimonitor Video Card
Sean   2007-07-06 11:43
Hey, I have a geforce 7600 gt video card, and I'm using it to run two monitors on my pc. Everything is working just fine, but I am going to be getting two new monitors soon, (so I can have 4 monitors hooked up to 1 computer) and I was wondering what kind of second video card I should get that would be compatible with my current card. I head that any any video card would do, just so long as it was of the same manufacturer. But I also heard that the video cards might have to be the exact same. Could someone help me out on this? All I wand is to get them all working together, using the Ultramon software.
Dazzy   2007-07-07 13:01
Hey, If you have a spare PCI-E slot you can get any nvidia card you want. If you only have a PCI slot then get a nvidia 6600. :)
Sean   2007-07-08 04:30
Thank you. It's just that my extra PCI slot is x1, and while I know that there are some x1 video cards out there, I'm not sure too sure if they are compatible. Would a Radion video card work with mine? Sorry for being such a novice, I just really don't understand much about all this :)
Sean   2007-07-08 08:19
Oh yeah, and I also have some room for an ordinary pci video card. What I really want to know is if the Diablotek ATI Rage XL / 8MB SDRAM / PCI / VGA / Video Card would work with my Asus e-geforce 7600.
ecarlson   2007-07-08 13:43
In XP, the cards don't have to be the same brand, and not even in Vista if you can live without some of the advanced display features of Vista.

I would not personally use the ancient Rage card, though it could possibly work, at least in XP, though it will only drive one monitor, and it will probably have to be set as primary in BIOS (doesn't have to be primary in Windows), so you can only install one Rage XL PCI card.

I'd recommend getting a cheap, but somewhat newer PCI card, especially if you want to run 2 more monitors with it (make sure it has dual monitor support).

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Sean   2007-07-08 14:31
Ok, thank you! I think I might give it a shot. :)
ohiojones   2008-09-18 08:34
Is the Diablotek Rage 128 Video Card - 16MB DDR, PCI, VGA, Video Card a "low profile" card???

ohiojones
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multimonitor Video Card