Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nivida 6600 & 6200
Montage   2007-07-12 06:43
Hi,
I'm having a few issues:

I have a
P4 3.4 GHZ
1GB RAM
Came with Nivida 6600...I connected 1 monitor to the VGA and 1 to the DVI.

I then purchased Nivida 6200 so I can connect the third monitor. When booting the new card/monitor shows all boot up info...Once Windows XP starts the other monitors come up.

When I open IE or any other video watching program and try to watch a video (any format) on the Nivida 6200/Monitor the computer locks, then I have to reboot. Is the new card not compatible? or I'm I doing something wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ken Hall   2007-07-13 02:04
Coincidence!
I also have just taken delivery of a 6200 (PCI) to add to my system which is running a 6600GT supporting a 19" Iiyama and a projector.
My intention is/was to run the extra monitor from the 6200 card to display FSNav in my Flight Sim cockpit. I would be displaying instruments on the Iiyama, main view/scenery on the projector, navigation/moving map on the new monitor.

Installed the card no problem - confirms all OK in Device Manager - both cards present and correct with same driver.
However, in Display Properties\Advanced while all three "monitors" are showing, the new monitor is actually blank (blinking power indicator only)and only one tab showing the 6600 card. Should there be a second tab for the 6200 card.

I thought I had sussed this out by reading the various posts and staying away from the nVidia 5200.

Slightly frustrated by this! Any and all suggestions welcomed.

KH,
York, UK.
Ken Hall   2007-07-13 21:37
Now have all three monitors displaying and both cards showing their respective details.
It "just happened/came right" after switching on this morning! Computers, eh!

However, now experiencing the same difficulty as "Montage" in that when porting-out from the "primary" to the new/third monitor running from the new 6200 card the entire system freezes and has to be rebooted to start again!

Interestingly (?) the Display\Properties shows all three screens in the window but itemised as;
1 - Iiyama - nVidia 6600GT
2 - Samsung (the new one) - nVidia 6200
3 - InFocus (projector) - nVidia 6600GT.

Full system spec:
AMD64 3500+ CPU; Asus8v deLuxe MoBo; 1 Gb DDRAM; nVidia 6600GT (AGP) supporting 19" Iiyama ProLite E481S and InFocus projector; nVidia 6200 (PCI) supporting 17" Samsung SyncMaster 720n; Two 160Gb HDD - one running XP-Home\SP1 and other "stuff" - second running MS Flight Simulator plus FS-add-ons.

Any ideas???

KH,
York, UK.
Montage   2007-07-19 02:36
I'm still trying to figure it out myself...Any help on this issue from any one with experience would be appreciated.
Thanks
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nivida 6600 & 6200