Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce2MX 400 disables with Detonators on XP
Ian   2001-09-28 03:17
Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help with this problem.

I have a GeFOrce2MX400 (Abit Siluro), and a PCI ATI RageII+. The ATI needs to load its bios to boot properly.

Everything works fine with MS's built in drivers, but I don't get reasonable OpenGL. DirectX works fine enough.

When I install the Detonators, the Nvidia card won't start. Windows isn't specific to why, just htat it can't start.

If I go back to MS drivers, all is well.

I have tried several versions of the detonators.

Any ideas?

Ian
bart   2001-10-14 22:22
i have the same problem (geforce2pro +ati rage 2)!

everthing works fine with win2k+xpdrivers or winxp+standart-drivers (but no tvout, worse openGL; no OC)

changing the graphical bootdevice doesn't really solve anything :o(
Ian   2001-10-15 07:02
I fixed it.. The MX wants to be the primary card. I went out and got a ATI 128 PCI from futureshop for $80cad and all is well now..

There may be a better solution, but it appears that it won't be found in this forum.

Odd thing though is when resizing windows on the PCI card, my sound card gets some wierd distortion. But it was doing that before with the RageII card.
Albert Claret   2001-10-15 13:59
Try setting the PCI Latency Setting to Zero in your BIOS to fix the audio problems.
Neal   2001-11-10 10:05
I have a similar problem except I have 2 GeForce2 MX 400 cards and 1 Synergy II TNT2. The only way I have been able to get them all to work is to use the Windows XP (Microsoft) driver on the MX cards. I tried the latest Detonator drivers from NVidia and also the latest download from AOpen (MX cards). If anyone has an update to this, it would be appreciated.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> GeForce2MX 400 disables with Detonators on XP