Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitors easy on Mac but not with Vista - Help!
eman   2007-07-21 22:50
I'm running Vista on bootcamp but can't get the second monitor to work? It began working automatically on the Mac OS but not sure why it won't with Vista.

I've spent a while trying to research the problem but don't understand all the jargon regarding video cards and drivers etc!!! Help!!
Christian Studer   2007-07-22 10:17
Do you see both monitors in Control Panel > Personalization > Display Settings?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
eman   2007-07-22 10:50
Hi Christian.

Yes I can see both monitors. When I click 'identify monitors' only "1" comes up and the 2nd screen remains blank (in sleep mode).

On start-up of vista, the 2nd screen comes on briefly to show the loading process but then suddenly goes back to sleep.

As I said before, the 2nd monitor is working perfectly in mac mode so I'd assume everything is connected
Christian Studer   2007-07-23 12:02
What happens if you select the second monitor and click on 'Extend the desktop onto this monitor'?

eman   2007-07-23 22:53
The 2nd monitor icon turns blue like it has become active.

I've also tried re-installing the apple drivers that I used for bootcamp but that hasn't worked either
Christian Studer   2007-07-24 10:23
Looks like it should work fine, unfortunately I don't know what the problem might be.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitors easy on Mac but not with Vista - Help!