Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three Monitor Display - Looking for awnsers...
ShaunM   2007-07-24 07:38
I'm trying to get three monitors up and running on one machine.

Right now I have a Radeon 1600Pro PCI-E card, and a radeon 7000 series PCI card.

I've tried first with the onboard and the express card:
The dual monitors work fine. My BIOS tells me that I can have my onboard video running with my card, and I have it set that way.

However, when I load into windows, I do not see my onboard video in my device manager. Just two display adapters. The primary and secondary for my 1600. One thing I do notice; my onboard video wants to share IRQ's with other devices no matter what my options are. Currently it's sharing the same IRQ as my ethernet.

So no dice with the onboard.

I've tried with the 7000 series PCI ATI Card;

Huge pain in the rump this was. The 1600 wanted to share drivers with the 7000 and messed up the drivers for both cards casuing windows not to load. I uninstalled all the drivers and reloaded them no problem. I'm under the impression that I could install each card on it's own (with the other out of the machine), but god only knows what will happen when I put them both back in). I havent tried this yet, because this isn't even the main problem.

When I go into my bios, I can't use both cards at the same time. The board just wont do it. I can load any single card with the onboard, but not both cards at the same time.

I'm at a loss, I want my three monitors to work, but I don't really know where to go next, and ATI/HP's site aren't giving me very good resources to figure out what to try next.

Any advice/sugestions would be appreciated.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Three Monitor Display - Looking for awnsers...