Forums -> Multiple monitors -> This forum needs better forum software
David DeRolph   2007-08-03 01:44
I know this is off-topic, so perhaps it will be deleted. But, let's see what happens.

I think http://www.realtimesoft.com/ REALLY needs to switch to better forum software such as phpBB or YaBB. Get something that requires registration, i.e., creating a UserID and password, and offers email notification so that we can be made aware of new posts on a particular topic without having to come back to the site.

Forum software such as phpBB or YaBB is often provided free of charge by web hosting services and is easily installed from the hosting service's web server via the control panel provided for each of their clients/customers (the website operator).

Folks, if you agree with this, let's have some discussion on it. Maybe we can sway the management to make a change.
Christian Studer   2007-08-03 10:10
I've thought about this as well, but for me it's essential that the forum can be used without registration and without providing an e-mail address, mainly to make it easy to use, and to provide a backup way of communication in case e-mail doesn't work for some reason.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> This forum needs better forum software