Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Getting a little frustrated here
Hippo   2007-08-03 14:00
I'm so glad to find this forum tonight. I've spend most of the evening trying to get this third monitor working. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could post an idea for me.

I have a Dell XPS with WinXP and an Intel Core Duo Processor

The PCI Express card is ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB. I have two monitors successfully running off it now.

I bought a ATI Radeon 9250 in order to install a third monitor.

When I install the new 9250 and turn the computer on, it boots up and says that new software has been installed and the computer needs to reboot.

When I say YES and reboot, it sticks when the Windows logo screen comes up. You know the one in the beginning that the little bar is going from right to left on?

Well, it suddenly stops moving and it freezes up on me.

Any ideas?

Corey
Hippo Internet Marketing
www.HippoIM.com
rtangwai   2007-08-03 14:18
Remove the x1300 card and boot using *ONLY* the 9250. Install the drivers as needed. Shut down, install the x1300 card back in, start it up and see what happens - this technique works for me and I'm using *TWO* 9200 PCI cards as well as a PCI-E X800XL.
Hippo   2007-08-03 22:02
OK. I'll give it a shot again today and let you know what happens.

Thank you.

Corey
Hippo Internet Marketing
www.HippoIM.com
Hippo   2007-08-04 12:29
IT WORKED!!

Actually, I got both cards working one at a time, yet every time I tried to start up, the windows logo screen kept freezing.

But I noticed on one of the pages on this site that you can set the bios to boot the pci card first.

Once I did that, everything is fine.

I'm up to three monitors - so far - and loving it!

Corey
www.HippoIM.com
Charlotte SEO Training
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Getting a little frustrated here